Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

McAlister Field House

David S. McAlister

  • Citadel Class of 1924

Field House

  • Originally completed in 1939 and called the Armory
  • Named McAlister Field House in 1972

"On motion of Colonel Terry, seconded by Colonel Prioleau, it was decided to name the Armory for Colonel David S. McAlister."

Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, December 9, 1972

undefined

David S. McAlister, 1973

The Armory, ca. 1940