Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

Daniel Library

Charles E. Daniel

  • Citadel Class of 1918

R. Hugh Daniel

  • Citadel Class of 1929

Building

  • Completed 1960
  • Col. Moorer, Chairman of the Board of Visitors, suggested at the November 15, 1958 Board meeting that the library be named the Citadel Memorial Library
  • Dedicated as The Citadel Memorial Library and Museum on June 2, 1960
  • Mark W. Clark and the Board of Visitors recommended at the December 17, 1962 Board meeting that no name be given to the library: “The committee members recommended that no individual’s name be given to the Memorial Library or Alumni Hall. That is because the library was dedicated to the memory of all Citadel dead and because alumni contributions helped to underwrite the cost of construction Alumni Hall.”
  • Named The Daniel Library at the February 28, 1975 Board meeting

undefined  undefined