J. L. Mims
Named in 1934
“The committee appointed in accordance wit the direction of the Board of Visitors and consisting of Colonel Thomas, Colonel Padgett and General Summerall, for the purpose of recommending names for the buildings, streets, etc., of The Citadel met on May 16, 1934, and submits the following recommendations to the Board. The numbers refer to the elements indicated on the accompanying blue print.
J. L. Mims Terrace. In honor of the Hon. J. L. Mims, who, as a member of the House of Representatives, was largely instrumental in procuring funds for the construction of the New Citadel.”
Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, May 17, 1934
Facebook Twitter Instagram Flickr
P: 843.953.6845 | F: 843.953.8446 | Text: 843.605.4536 | email@example.com
© 2018 Daniel Library