Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

Byrd Hall

Ralph M. Byrd (1907-1970)

  • Citadel Class of 1923

Building

  • Completed 1969
  • Dedicated in March of 1969 as Byrd Hall

"The four-story building is named in honor of Col. Ralph M. Byrd, a 1923 graduate of The Citadel, who was The Citadel's first Academic Dean, after heading the chemistry department for 11 years."

The Brigadier, March 8, 1969

undefined  undefined