F. Barron Grier
Named in 1934
“The committee appointed in accordance wit the direction of the Board of Visitors and consisting of Colonel Thomas, Colonel Padgett and General Summerall, for the purpose of recommending names for the buildings, streets, etc., of The Citadel met on May 16, 1934, and submits the following recommendations to the Board. The numbers refer to the elements indicated on the accompanying blue print.
Grier Road. In honor of Colonel Barron Grier, a distinguished alumnus and supporter of The Citadel, and Chairman of the Board of Visitors.”
Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, May 17, 1934
Facebook Twitter Instagram Flickr
P: 843.953.6845 | F: 843.953.8446 | Text: 843.605.4536 | firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2018 Daniel Library