Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

Seignious Hall

George Marion Seignious (1921-2005)

  • Citadel Class of 1942
  • Citadel President, 1974-1979

Building

  • Completed 1982
  • Named The Seignious Athletic Center in 1979

"Colonel Prioleau, Chairman, stated he had received a check for $500,000 from a donor who wished his name to be withheld. An additional $350,000 would be provided in the next four years. These funds, to be handled through the C.D.F. were to be used towards a building to be known as "The Seignious Athletic Center.' "

Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, March 16, 1979

undefined

  undefined