Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

Bond Hall

Oliver J. Bond

  • Citadel Class of 1886
  • Citadel President 1908-1931

Building

  • Wings complete 1922
  • Middle section complete 1939
  • Named Bond Hall in 1932

“At the suggestion of Gen. Summerall a motion was made by Col. Hutchison, seconded by Gen. Dozier, that the Administration Building be given the name of “Bond Hall”, and that a suitable placard be placed on the front of the building. Adopted.”

Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, September 14, 1932

undefined

Wing of Bond Hall, ca. 1922. Photograph by Melchers Studio.

undefined

Completed Bond Hall. Unknown photographer.

  undefined

Oliver J. Bond