Named in 1934
“The committee appointed in accordance wit the direction of the Board of Visitors and consisting of Colonel Thomas, Colonel Padgett and General Summerall, for the purpose of recommending names for the buildings, streets, etc., of The Citadel met on May 16, 1934, and submits the following recommendations to the Board. The numbers refer to the elements indicated on the accompanying blue print.
Jenkins Road. In honor of General Micah Jenkins, a distinguished soldier and alumnus of The Citadel.”
Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, May 17, 1934