Skip to main content

Guide to Citadel Campus Names

Mary B. Murray Infirmary

Mary B. Murray

  • Wife of Andrew B. Murray, philanthropist

Building

  • Completed 1923
  • Originally called the Infirmary
  • Named Mary B. Murray Infirmary in 1934

“The committee appointed in accordance with the direction of the Board of Visitors and consisting of Colonel Thomas, Colonel Padgett and General Summerall, for the purpose of recommending names for the buildings, streets, etc., of The Citadel met on May 16, 1934, and submits the following recommendations to the Board. The numbers refer to the elements indicated on the accompanying blue print.

No. 20

Mary Bennett Murray Hospital. In honor of the wife of Mr. Andrew B. Murray.”

Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, May 17, 1934

undefined  

Infirmary, ca. 1923

undefined

Mary B. Murray