Edward Chauncey Register (1884-1920)
Named in 1934
“The committee appointed in accordance wit the direction of the Board of Visitors and consisting of Colonel Thomas, Colonel Padgett and General Summerall, for the purpose of recommending names for the buildings, streets, etc., of The Citadel met on May 16, 1934, and submits the following recommendations to the Board. The numbers refer to the elements indicated on the accompanying blue print.
Register Road. In honor of Lt. Col. E. C. Register, a distinguished alumnus of The Citadel who gave his life as a surgeon in the army during a typhus epidemic in Poland.”
Citadel Board of Visitors meeting minutes, May 17, 1934
Senior yearbook picture, 1905